In the realm of cosmetic surgery, many cosmetic and plastic surgeons offer cosmetic nose surgery, also called rhinoplasty. But unlike simpler surgeries such as breast augmentation, rhinoplasty is an extremely complex procedure where millimeters matter. Many surgeons may perform it, but only a few have the training and experience to perform it exceptionally well.
What to Look for in a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
When evaluating surgeons for your nose surgery procedure, put these items on your checklist:
- Does the surgeon have a personal philosophy about what makes “great” rhinoplasty results?
- Have they been performing rhinoplasties for many years?
- Do they genuinely enjoy the challenges and complexities of rhinoplasty surgery?
- Are they well-versed in more than one approach (open, closed, preservation, etc.) in order to customize the treatment plan for your specific nose and goals?
- Do they use 2D and 3D image analysis to plan your surgery and account for what your new nose could look like from every angle?
- What are their other presurgical planning steps to achieve an excellent and consistent outcome?
- Have they completed training specifically in rhinoplasty techniques?
- Do they have experience in rhinoplasty revision – correcting a “botched” nose job?
- Have they published articles in peer-reviewed journals and/or given presentations on rhinoplasty at plastic surgery conferences?
As you can see, when it comes to rhinoplasty, it’s critical to thoroughly investigate the experience and expertise of each surgeon you talk with. A good rhinoplasty result will complement your facial features and look natural and in balance with the rest of your face. A poor result can leave you feeling self-conscious, discouraged, and frustrated. It’s worth taking the time before surgery to set yourself up for the best results.
What If There’s No Top Rhinoplasty Surgeon Near Me?
Given the many factors that need to be in place for an excellent rhinoplasty surgeon, it may be difficult to find someone skilled and experienced enough in your local market. Dr. Pourtaheri offers a fly in program just for this reason – to serve the many people throughout California and across the country who are looking for excellent rhinoplasty results.
Our office can assist with hotel accommodations, suggest activities for friends or family accompanying you, and help make your experience traveling to the Bay Area as seamless as possible.