Awards and Recognitions
At B.A.E., we enjoy serving for our patients and take pride in providing them with truly personalized care and natural, outstanding results. Periodically, our team members are recognized for their efforts. We are pleased to announce the following affiliations, awards, and contributions of our valued team.
Bay Area Esthetics Plastic Surgery Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations
Our team at B.A.E. works hard to provide care to patients across the San Francisco Bay Area and those flying in for surgery. Our team has earned privileges at several well-respected hospitals in Northern California where we can provide care for patients at a location that is most convenient for them.
- California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) Campuses, Sutter Health:
- CPMC Van Ness Campus, 1101 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94118
- CPMC Davies Campus, 45 Castro St, San Francisco, CA 94114
- CPMC Mission Bernal Campus, 3555 Cesar Chavez, San Francisco, CA 94110
- CPMC Pacific Heights Campus, 2333 Buchanan St, San Francisco, CA 94115
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, Dignity Health, 900 Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109
- St. Mary’s Medical Center, Dignity Health, 450 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117
- Hayes Valley Surgery Center, 77 Van Ness Ave Suite 301, San Francisco, CA 94102
- Novato Community Hospital, Sutter Health, 180 Rowland Way, Novato, CA 94945
- Petaluma Valley Hospital, Providence Health, 400 N McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954
- St. Joseph’s Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, Providence Health, 1165 Montgomery Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital, 30 Mark West Springs Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Santa Rosa Surgery and Endoscopy Center, 34 Mark West Springs Rd #100, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Providence Health, 1000 Trancas St, Napa, CA 94558
Having friendly, highly-qualified staff members is one of the many reasons why patients trust us with their care. Read below about our award-winning team at Bay Area Esthetics Plastic Surgery.
Awards and Recognition for Dr. Navid Pourtaheri:
- Best Scientific Project, Yale Plastic Surgery Research Day. Yale University School of Medicine. New Haven, CT. June, 2020
- Paul Black Junior Investigator Award for best clinical paper, American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association 72nd Annual Meeting, Palm Springs, CA, 2015
- Barham Scholarship for Duke University School of Medicine, 2011-2012
- President, Davison Council, student body government, Duke University School of Medicine, 2011-2012
- Alpha Omega Alpha Society, top 8 student, Duke University School of Medicine, 2011
- Samuel D. Cook Society Award for humanism, service, and the betterment of relations between persons of all backgrounds, 2011
- Vice President, Davison Council, student body government, Duke University School of Medicine, 2010-2011
- Scholar, John A. Feagin Jr., MD Leadership Program, Duke University, Durham, NC, 2010-2011
- Albert Schweitzer Fellowship Award for community service leadership, 2010
- Founder, Duke Med Elementary Program – health education program reaching over 600 students at seven public elementary schools in Durham, NC, 2009
- Texas Instruments Award, Tulane University, top student in Computing Sciences, 2003
- James A. Cronvich Award, Tulane University, top student in Electrical Engineering, 2003
- Best Paper Presentation Award, IEEE Region IX meeting, New Orleans, LA: 1st place, 2003
- Mayoral Scholarship for Tulane University, merit-based full tuition, 1999-2003
Contributions of Our Team to the Field of Plastic Surgery
At B.A.E. we pride ourselves on providing state-of-the-art, world-class care to our patients. Our surgeons are not only up to date on the latest techniques and information, but they have also made numerous scientific contributions and publications to improve the field of Plastic Surgery as a whole. They also review scientific papers for several well-regarded Plastic Surgery journals. If you have questions about “what works”, “what is safe”, or ”what are the long-term benefits and risks” regarding any plastic surgery procedure, Bay Area Esthetics is the right place to get informed.
Editorial Board Memberships of Dr. Navid Pourtaheri:
- Editorial Board, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, March 2018-present
- Editorial Board, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal, Jan 2017-present
- Reviewer, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, 2016-present
Textbook Chapters Written by Dr. Navid Pourtaheri:
- Pourtaheri N, Totonchi A, Guyuron B. “Treatment of the Crooked Nose”. Operative Techniques in Plastic Surgery. Ed. Chung K. Elsevier. November, 2018. ISBN 9781496339508.
- Totonchi A, Pourtaheri N, Guyuron B. “Indications and Techniques for the Endoscopic Brow Lift”. Operative Techniques in Plastic Surgery. Ed. Chung K. Elsevier. November, 2018. ISBN 9781496339508.
Scientific Articles Published by Dr. Navid Pourtaheri:
- Gowda AU, Pourtaheri N, Park KE, Allam O, Maniskas S, Parsaei Y, Steinbacher DM. Crushed Cartilage and Autologous Fat for Dorsal Nasal Refinement. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2021 Apr 5. PMID: 33821313
- Maniskas S, Pourtaheri N, Chandler L, Lu X, Bruckman KC, Steinbacher DM. Conformity of the Virtual Surgical Plan to the Actual Result Comparing Five Craniofacial Procedure Types. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2021 Apr 1;147(4):915-924. PMID: 33776034
- Maniskas S, Chandler L, Bruckman K, Pourtaheri N, DiLuna M, Steinbacher DM. Three-Dimensional Analysis and Surgical Planning for Open Correction of Trigonocephaly. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2021 Feb 1;147(2):265e-267e. PMID: 33565831
- Lopez J, Lake IV, Khavanin N, Kachniarz B, Najjar O, Pourtaheri N, Redett RJ, Manson PN, Dorafshar AH. Noninvasive Management of Pediatric Isolated, Condylar Fractures: Less Is More? Plast Reconstr Surg. 2021 Feb 1;147(2):443-452. PMID: 33565828
- Park KE, Pourtaheri N, Maniskas S, Allam O, Steinbacher DM. Aesthetic Rhinoplasty: Technique, 3-Dimensional Simulation, and Outcome Assessment. Aesthet Surg J Open Forum. 2020 Dec 4;3(1):ojaa054. PMID: 33791674
- Pourtaheri N, Allam O, Chandler L, Steinbacher DM. Orthognathic Surgery in Cleidocranial Dysplasia. J Craniofac Surg. 2020 Nov 11. PMID: 33181614
- Allam O, Park KE, Pourtaheri N, Mozaffari MA, Smetona J, Lu X, Ahmad M, Persing JA, Alperovich M. Distinguishing Craniomorphometric Characteristics of Unilateral Lambdoid Craniosynostosis. J Craniofac Surg. 2020 Nov 4. PMID: 33156173
- Chandler L, Pourtaheri N, Maniskas S, Ahmad M, Lopez J, Steinbacher DM. Vascularized Composite Parietal Bone Flap for Immediate Reconstruction of a Hemi-Maxillectomy Defect in an Infant. J Craniofac Surg. 2020 Nov/Dec;31(8):2334-2338. PMID: 33136885
- Maniskas SA, Ly CL, Pourtaheri N, Parsaei Y, Steinbacher DM. Concurrent High Condylectomy and Orthognathic Surgery for Treatment of Patients With Unilateral Condylar Hyperplasia. J Craniofac Surg. 2020 Nov/Dec;31(8):2217-2221. PMID: 33136858
- Peck CJ, Pourtaheri N, Shultz BN, Parsaei Y, Yang J, Park KE, Allam O, Steinbacher DM. Racial Disparities in Complications, Length of Stay, and Costs Among Patients Receiving Orthognathic Surgery in the United States. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020 Sep 18:S0278-2391(20)31141-1. PMID: 33058772
- Yesantharao PS, Lopez J, Reategui A, Najjar O, Yu JW, Pourtaheri N, Redett RJ, Manson PN, Dorafshar A. Open Reduction, Internal Fixation of Isolated Mandible Angle Fractures in Growing Children. J Craniofac Surg. 2020 Oct;31(7):1946-1950. PMID: 32804826
- Pourtaheri N, Yang R, Lopez J, Kumar AR. Leveling the Maxillary Occlusal Plane Without Orthodontic Appliances in Patients With Hemifacial Microsomia Using Unilateral Vertical Mandibular Distraction Osteogenesis. J Craniofac Surg. 2020 Jun;31(4):927-930. PMID: 32310863
- Mueller MA, Pourtaheri N, Evans GRD. Microsurgery Training Resource Variation among US Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency Programs. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2019 Mar;35(3):176-181. PMID: 30121053
- Guyuron B, Pourtaheri N. Therapeutic Role of Fat Injection in the Treatment of Recalcitrant Migraine Headaches. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2019 Mar;143(3):877-885. PMID: 30817663
- Pourtaheri N, Wang D, Lesko R, Bonfield C, Taub P, Kumar A. Unilateral Coronal Craniosynostosis in an Apert-like Patient. Plastic Surgery. 2019 Feb;27(1):78-82. PMID: 30854365
- Sun H, Pourtaheri N, Janis JE, Becker D. Do Academic Health Care Systems Really Value Education? A Survey of Academic Plastic Surgeons. Plast Reconstr Surg – Global Open. 2018 Oct 16;6(10):e1948. PMID: 30534496
- Pourtaheri N, Wang D, Calva D, Chopra K, Kumar A. Adipofascial Flaps with Acellular Dermal Matrix Compared to Myocutaneous Flap Reconstruction in Lumbar Myelomeningocele Defects. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2018 May. PMID: 29750727.
- Pourtaheri N, Guyuron B. Computerized tomographic evaluation of supraorbital notches and foramen in patients with frontal migraine headaches and correlation with clinical symptoms. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2018 Feb. PMID: 29526447.
- Staudt MD, Pourtaheri N, Lakin GE, Soltanian HT, Miller JP. Surgical Management of Deep Brain Stimulator Scalp Erosion without Hardware Removal. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2017 Dec 13;95(6):385-391. PMID: 29232685
- Pourtaheri N, Wang DZ, Susarla SM, Mundinger GS, Kumar AR. Effects of unilateral vertical mandibular distraction osteogenesis on airway anatomy in children with hemifacial macrosomia. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2017 Dec; 45(12):2041-2045. PMID: 29126770
- Pourtaheri N, Kearney A, Wan D, Lakin G. Impact of a Cleft and Craniofacial Center on an Academic Health System. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2017 Oct; 140(4): pages 587e–597e. PMID: 28953731.
- Brown M, Pourtaheri N, Katira K, Manjila S, Totonchi AS. Local Coverage for Acute Severely Herniated Brain Using Scalp and Forehead Flaps in a Pediatric Patient with Head Trauma. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2017 Jan; 28(1): pages 231-235. PMID: 27922966
- Anolik R, Allori A, Pourtaheri N, Rogers G, Marcus J. Objective Assessment of the Interfrontal Angle for Severity Grading and Operative Decision-Making in Metopic Synostosis. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2016 May; pages 1548-1555. PMID: 27119927
Contact B.A.E for more information or to schedule a consultation.
Your information will be kept confidential.