Breast enhancement can provide an ideal shape, size, and feel to your breasts. Younger patients seeking breast enhancement typically want their breast size changed: either augmented to increase fullness or reduced to improve back pain and other issues. Older patients typically want their breasts lifted to improve the shape and appearance.
Age and hormone levels impact the elasticity, fullness, and firmness of breast tissue. As estrogen levels decline, skin and connective tissue becomes less elastic, causing the breasts to soften and droop with gravity. In addition, as breasts age dense glandular tissue is slowly replaced with less firm, fatty tissue.
Women with naturally firm breasts typically have more glandular tissue than fatty tissue. Most breast aging occurs after menopause, when menstruation stops (no period for 12+ months) usually around age 45 to 55. Having your ovaries removed for cancer may also cause the breasts to prematurely age.
Other common changes with breast aging include stretchmarks, drooping breasts, low hanging or downward pointing nipples, widened gap between breasts, and flattening of the upper pole (top part of your breasts). In general, the most visible parts of your breasts seen in clothing, lingerie, and bathing suits is the upper central portion. Having breasts that sit higher on the chest, closer together, and with more fullness can give a more youthful appearance to your chest.
It is very common for women to naturally have one breast that is larger than the other. Symmetry is a goal in breast surgery but minor asymmetry is not uncommon because breasts are often asymmetric to begin with and can each heal differently following surgery.
An ideal esthetic outcome provides you with the size you want, with breasts / nipples in a youthful shape and position, accentuated curves at the top and sides of your breasts, and minimal gapping between breasts.
Why Choose B.A.E Plastic Surgery
- Our philosophy is that great results should look natural, be unique to your tastes, be achievable with your anatomy, and last a long time. We also keep your lifestyle in mind when explaining the options that may best suit you.
- We have adopted the latest technologies and techniques that make breast surgery outcomes better and safer. From providing safer, innovative implants like the Ideal implant, to enhancing your breasts with fat grafting we take your health and outcome seriously. If you are having trouble with your current implants placed somewhere else, we would be happy to see you and help fix the problem.
- We are not only specialists in cosmetic breast surgery, but also in advanced breast reconstruction. We have corrected a wide variety of breast types and problems, and offer a full-range of techniques to help achieve your goals.
- We perform extensive photography and analyze your breasts and upper body from every angle. We use presurgical planning to make your breast surgery safer, faster, more symmetric, and as close to your desired size as possible. We do not believe one size fits all and know this is a very personal decision that we will help you make.
- We meticulously evaluate your breasts in context of the rest of your body and plan a procedure customized for you. We can combine your breast procedure with any number of body contouring procedures and give you a beautiful figure to match your breasts.
It’s time to take the next step and see the difference breast enhancement can make for you. Please contact us online or call 415-523-5235 to schedule a consultation with us.
Schedule a Consultation
Please contact us online or call (415) 523-5235 to schedule a surgical consultation with Dr. Pourtaheri.